Down Under Walkabout

The adventures of life and travel in Australia & New Zealand. And now Europe.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Gold Coast


I've entered the Gold Coast which is in the state of Queensland. The Gold Coast stretches about 90 km or so from the state line towards Brisbane. This place exploed in the 1960's after heavy marketing in Asia. There are now lots of high-rise apartments/condos along the beach. There are a lot of tourist attractions here as well including several theme parks. I'm staying in the town of Surfer's Paradise, home of the worlds tallest residential building (aprox 1300 feet).

The cylone that came to Oz was well to the north of me and I didn't get any bad weather. That area is where I am planning to go, but I'll have to check to make sure it's alright.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/20/2006 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Chad,
    Your photos are gorgeous! I am envious of your walkabout. Please reply in your spare time (haha) with your email address. I can't seem to pull your email address up. Thanks!
    Ms. Laura lkirby123@hotmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

18 countries i visited 8% or s