Down Under Walkabout

The adventures of life and travel in Australia & New Zealand. And now Europe.

Monday, February 27, 2006

LSU sighting in Sydney

Today I went to Maquardie University in Sydney to do promotional work for the Australian. It was a pretty long day, but cool to see a local uni. While I was in the quad (which doesn't even compare to the quad at LSU), I saw a girl walking with an LSU bag. So I walked up to find out that she is an LSU student on a semester abroad program. She said that her friend suggested wearing something LSU because she would probably run into a Tiger fan. What a small world. They're LSU fans around the world!

It was a real pain to get to the uni this morning. It took me about 2 hours. I had to walk to the train station, ride to town hall, walk to the bus station, and ride to the uni. Everything went pretty smooth until the ride to the uni. With all the stops and traffic it seemed to take a really long time. The ride home was different as I rode with an American I met in his car to a nearby train station. As I walked to his car, I went to get in on the right side which is the passenger side in America, but the driver's side in Australia. I still can't get used to driving on the left side of the road. Anyway, the way home was quicker because of him giving me a ride to a train station, but it still took a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

18 countries i visited 8% or s