Down Under Walkabout

The adventures of life and travel in Australia & New Zealand. And now Europe.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Leaving Sydney

I am on week 4 of my time in Sydney. It's been great, but I have decided there is lots more in Australia to see. I will be working a promotions job this week at a local university selling newspaper subscriptions because the weather is calling for rain at the beach. I think it will be fun and it pays $17/hr and will be 5 full days of work. Next week I am planning to go to surf camp 2 hours south of Sydney. Then I'll work one more weekend at the beach and start my journey up the east coast of Oz. There are a lot of places I want to visit. My plan is to go all the way up to Cairns.

On a different note, I have learned a good way to greet someone is to say, "How you going mate?"
And a not so good thing to say is "you're welcome." I don't think they know what I mean. I've found most Aussies just say "no worries" where I'd say you're welcome.

3 Comments:

  • At 2/26/2006 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Chad, you ought to put up a link to a map of Australia so us geographically challenged people can follow you around. Hope all is well!

     
  • At 2/26/2006 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ditto to what Ryan said!
    Ms. Laura

     
  • At 2/26/2006 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hiya chad! sounds good -- definitely get around and see what there is to see! watch out for venemous snakes though [and practically every other dangerous animal in existence - yeesh] i met this guy on myspace that lives in newcastle which is like 1 1/2 hours north of sydney --- he seems like a really nice guy! maybe you could meet him if you go to newcastle. his myspace is www.myspace.com/sydneyshan and his name is shannon murdoch. cheers mate! keep the blogs comin - you made it on my bookmarks bar! feel special - cause you are :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

18 countries i visited 8% or s