Down Under Walkabout

The adventures of life and travel in Australia & New Zealand. And now Europe.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Byron Bay

I have continued travelling up the east coast to Byron Bay. It is the most easterly point on the mainland of Australia. I took a bike ride to Cape Byron Lighthouse (built in 1899) to watch the sunrise yesterday.

I also took a trip over to the nearby town of Nimbin. It is full of hippies, which is it's attraction. There's not really much going on there, so it was a bit boring. However, I did learn that area is full of macadamian nuts; Australia is now the number one provider of the nuts worldwide. They just passed up Hawaii.

The surfing here is different than 7 Mile Beach, but it was pretty fun. It's funny how many people I've run in to here that I met in Sydney even though Byron Bay is about 14 hours (by bus) from Sydney!

Next stop: the state of Queensland! I'll first be going to Surfer's Paradise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

18 countries i visited 8% or s