Down Under Walkabout

The adventures of life and travel in Australia & New Zealand. And now Europe.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Airlie Beach

I am in Airlie Beach now. It is in Queensland south of Townsville. It is pretty tropical here. There is a nice lagoon with sandy shores and lots of palm trees. Yesterday, Ben and I cracked open a cocunut with just our hands... and the help of a large rock. We felt like Tom Hanks in Cast Away. The milk inside was real warm and not that great. In less than an hour I'll be taking off for my boat to sail the Whitsunday Islands in the Great Barrier Reef! I'm looking forward to it and think it'll be great. Hopefully by the time I get back to the mainland LSU will be the national champs, boys and girls! (basektball) Geaux Tigers!

5 Comments:

  • At 4/02/2006 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey man, sorry it has been awhile I have posted something. Laura and I are settled in WM now. Last week was my 1st week at work. Laura and I thought of you last night because we went to Grandy's for supper. I'm glad you missed the b-ball game. It was horrible. Well anyways man, keep in touch and be careful.

     
  • At 4/02/2006 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Chad! Sorry about those Tigers last night; I was pulling for yall. I am so glad to see of all your great experiences since I was last on.

    I had my Gala last night; believe me, what you are doing is a lot more fun.

    Miss ya and continue living it up!

    Hugs from the Nooga,
    Mary Ellen

     
  • At 4/03/2006 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Chad,
    The girl's game was just about as bad as the guy's. Duke was in control from the beginning all the way to the end. There was an article in the paper that said George Mason's (men)clock stopped at midnight (they were the Cindarella team) but LSU's clock(men) fell off the wall and shattered. Today's paper will probably have similar comments concerning the girls. Good news! Chris and Natalie sold their house this weekend and are closing on it the end of April.
    Take care.
    Love,
    Mom

     
  • At 4/05/2006 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Chad! It's been a while since I talked to you. I'm glad to see you are having fun "down unda". I hope you don't get sick sailing, it sounds like a lot of fun. Be careful and enjoy the rest of your trip.

     
  • At 4/06/2006 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chad,
    I'm thrilled that you're having this amazing experience. Looks like a blast...and you look like a champ on that surfboard. Stay in touch!

    Curt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

18 countries i visited 8% or s