Down Under Walkabout

The adventures of life and travel in Australia & New Zealand. And now Europe.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Day 3

It is only the 3rd day that I have been here, yet it feels like much longer. I have met people from all over the world including parts of the US, Canada, Germany, Britain, Switzerland, Japan, Malaysia, Sweeden, and of course Australia. It is so englighting to talk with these people and learn about where they have come from and how they see the world.

This morning I went to Hillsong. It was pretty cool. I met a guy who has only been going for a few weeks; he showed me around and made sure I knew what to do, where to go, how to catch the bus, etc.. It was very encouraging.

I now have a phone number that allows me to receive calls from anywhere in the world at no charge. However, I do not know what the charge is to call from the US. The number is 0401 278 350. The country code is 61. To dial out of the U.S. I think you must dial 011. So in order to call me, you must dial 011 61 0401 278 350.

5 Comments:

  • At 2/04/2006 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi friend! Just checking in. I am glad to see that you are settling in! Have a great time and know you are being prayed for! Always...Scharf...(I was just going to put Amy on there but you wouldn't know me by Amy since you never call me that. :)

     
  • At 2/05/2006 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Chad,
    Glad to hear you have arrived safely. This is fun keeping up with you and Jonathan. I enjoy reading about your adventures. Hope all is going well. We are all doing fine. We talk to Jonathan pretty often. The family he is staying with does not speak any English. Trying to get him to the phone is a real treat. He finally gave us the words in spanish to stay. Hope you are settling in. Love, Linda

     
  • At 2/05/2006 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chad,

    Hey - so glad you are meeting some people to help you get around. I really admire you and jonathan for being so adventuresome. What a great time in your life to do such a thing. This is great that we can keep up with you and read about your new adventures. We will continue to pray for you. Dianne

     
  • At 2/06/2006 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    G'day Mate! Thanks for the birthday wishes. I hope you're having an awesome time! Those were some cool pictures on your facebook profile! I'm not sure how much it costs to call out of country either, but it's a ton. I called Ron in Paris one time on a calling card and it used like half of the card in 10 minutes (500 minute card). Well, talk to you soon.
    BTTP

     
  • At 2/08/2006 11:00 AM, Blogger Jonathan said…

    Hey man this is jonathan I guess we got a triangle goin from the U.S to Bolivia to Australia now. It's so good to hear that you are learnin the city. I have done that myself and traffic is crazy i am amazed and how many people they will allow you to fit in a car (12 in a taxi is fine) But i feel also that it has been like 3 months and i have been here for 2 weeks. Live it up Man we are travellers for only so long!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

18 countries i visited 8% or s