Down Under Walkabout

The adventures of life and travel in Australia & New Zealand. And now Europe.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Arrival

After more than 24 hours of traveling, I made it to Sydney! The plane ride was great though very long. I met 2 Texans (one originally from Australia) on the way to L.A. We walked together to find the Qantas plane which was not marked nor on the screens. Thankfully we found the plane. It was weird because we flew west, so the sun never set. I think it finally got dark outside after midnight (central time).
On the 747 which has 2 levels and TVs in each seat (with about 15 channels), I met 6 other people around my age who are coming to do the same thing as me. We all exchanged emails and plan to hang out. One of the guys (from DC) is in the same program as me, so we were able to find our orientation office together.
I got to the hostel in central Sydney (downtown) a little before midnight. I shared a room with 3 other guys, one who snored really loud. They gave me breakfast this morning and now I am about to go to orientation.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

Everyone here really does say g'day mate!

2 Comments:

  • At 2/03/2006 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey,

    Glad you made it there safely and actually met someone to buddy up with a little. Not much happening in Arkansas. Brian is playing ball again - 6 more games - he's bruised from head to toe but surviving so far. Jenny is back in the swing of this semester and playing on an intramural team (just enjoying the college life). Have a great day. Dianne

     
  • At 2/03/2006 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chad Matthew,

    Look at you living it up! I'm proud. Yours always, Casey Lynn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

18 countries i visited 8% or s