Down Under Walkabout

The adventures of life and travel in Australia & New Zealand. And now Europe.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Back in the USA!

I've made it back to the land of the free and the home of the brave. It's good to be back. I'm hanging out with Brad and Katy in Phoenix this week before going to Baton Rouge. I had such an awesome time travelling Oz and NZ. I learned so much from meeting people from around the world and living in a different culture. It was definitely an awesome experience that I'll always remember.

As I quoted before leaving:
The seaons remind me that I must keep changing, and I want to change because it is God's way. All my life I have been changing. I changed from a baby to a child. I changed from a tennager to drive a car, into a worker to spend some money. I will change into a husband to love a woman, into a father to love a child, change houses so we are near water, and again so we are near mountains, and again so we are near friends; keep changing with my wife, getting our love so it dies and gets born again and again, like a garden, fed by four seasons, a cycle of change. Everybody has to change, or they expire. Everybody has to leave, everybody has to leave their home and come back so they can love it again for all new reasons. D.Miller

4 Comments:

  • At 5/20/2006 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude welcome back (or should I say Mate). I am glad you liked that book. Hopefully you will get the chance to come up and see the house. Laura and I would be glad to have you anytime.

     
  • At 5/21/2006 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it seemed like just yesterday when we were hanging out in nashville talking about you going -- what a story to tell! i hope we can hang out soon and talk about your marvelous adventures. i'll be in baton rouge and tennessee for a lot of the month of june - let me know where you'll be and maybe we can coordinate a little hang out time. glad to have you back! :D

     
  • At 8/07/2006 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

     
  • At 8/16/2006 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

18 countries i visited 8% or s