Down Under Walkabout

The adventures of life and travel in Australia & New Zealand. And now Europe.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Arrived in Auckland

I made it to New Zealand despite a lot of questions at customs because I didn't have a copy of my return flight with me. As we were flying in, the landscape was really amazing. The mountains looked so green and lush. I can't wait to get out and see the country-side. Auckland seems nice, though I've only seen it at night.

On the trip through the Grampians, we ran into an obstacle. A tree was blocking the road and there was no alternate route. Well there was one, but it would have added an hour and a half to our day preventing us from climbing the mountain we were headed to. So can you believe that this group of people actually moved this tree that was still connected to it's trunk in the ground? It took a lot of effort, but we were able to get it out of the way just enough to drive through.

1 Comments:

  • At 8/17/2006 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

18 countries i visited 8% or s