Down Under Walkabout

The adventures of life and travel in Australia & New Zealand. And now Europe.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Grampians to Adelaide

After the Great Ocean Road, we entered the Grampians National Park. Much of the forests in this park were burned (almost half) in the bush fires of January. Most of the trees seem to be recovering though they're trunks are black. Our first stop was a hike down to McKenzie Falls which was a really nice waterfall. The next day including a hike up Mount Hollow which provided some really nice views. It was 190 meters to the top and there were tons of rocky walls to climb and caves to explore. We cooked on the barbie for lunch and played a little footy (Australian Rules Football). It was good fun though I jammed my finger. I arrived in Adelaide that evening and am here now. I took a tour around the Barossa Valley which is full of grape vineyards. And I ate kangaroo!

2 Comments:

  • At 8/11/2006 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

     
  • At 8/16/2006 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

18 countries i visited 8% or s