Down Under Walkabout

The adventures of life and travel in Australia & New Zealand. And now Europe.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Change

In light of my upcoming journey, I thought this text was worth sharing from the book "Through Painted Deserts" by D.Miller.

The seaons remind me that I must keep changing, and I want to change because it is God's way. All my life I have been changing. I changed from a baby to a child. I changed from a tennager to drive a car, into a worker to spend some money. I will change into a husband to love a woman, into a father to love a child, change houses so we are near water, and again so we are near mountains, and again so we are near friends; keep changing with my wife, getting our love so it dies and gets born again and again, like a garden, fed by four seasons, a cycle of change. Everybody has to change, or they expire. Everybody has to leave, everybody has to leave their home and come back so they can love it again for all new reasons.

3 Comments:

  • At 1/28/2006 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chad, got your webpage from Jonathan. Know you are excited about your trip. Can't wait to hear about the sites and experience you have while out of the country. Wish I had done some of this when I was young. Good to see you at the big birthday party. My prayers will be with you. Linda

     
  • At 1/31/2006 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What up fool! I hope you have a great time and you know I'll be jealous! You'll be in my prayers...you'll need them over there! One word...Irukandji.

     
  • At 1/31/2006 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you are getting to read that book. It really is an awesome book and I thought of you a lot while reading it. I hope this experience is so good for you. Laura and I will be praying for you. You can come to WM and check out of new house when we get back.
    Ryan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

18 countries i visited 8% or s